Using Web Standards to Create Interactive Websites
Edge Animate is a multimedia authoring tool based on open web standards that exclusively outputs code based on open web standards, for interactive animations . These are now very common and no longer restricted solely to the browser. Compositions created with Edge Animate can be used in browser applications and apps on mobile devices, but also in digital publications.
- Simon Widjaja
- Translated by: Susan Spies
What you will learn
- Chapter 1: Introduction : You will receive the basic information on the current status quo in web standards that applies to understanding Edge Animate and its usage.
- Chapter 2: Getting to know the authoring tool : This chapter will take you on a tour of the Edge Animate interface and its many functions. This section will also discuss the program’s various user groups and areas of use.
- Chapter 3: Design : Here you will explore the functions for creating graphic elements within Edge Animate, learn how to use various assets (images and fonts) and create more complex layouts.
- Chapter 4: Animation : This section will introduce you to the Timeline and the Pin, and teach you how to animate your compositions using keyframes.
- Chapter 5: Interaction : In this chapter, you will get to know the Edge Animate API and learn how to implement various actions.
- Chapter 6: Publication : This chapter deals with the various publishing options available to you in Edge Animate and explains the necessary preparations such as pre-loader for publishing your composition on the web or within a digital publication. You will also learn how your creative work can be integrated into a content management system.
- Chapter 7: Advanced tips : Once you have learned the core functions of Edge Animate, this chapter will send you off with a range of extensions you will need to make your projects perform well on the web.