Master the intricacies of Element 3D, the fast-rendering Adobe After Effects plugin
This book is a principle-based lesson plan to learn Element 3D (an Adobe After Effects plugin). The book explains in detailed the creating and preparing content for Element 3D using external 3D software. It teaches the reader the tools and thought processes necessary to create virtually any content and push Element 3D to the limits of its capabilities.
- Ty Audronis
What this book covers
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the Element 3D Animation, gives you an overview of what you can expect from this book.
- Chapter 2: Welcome to Element 3D, provides an orientation and overview of how Element 3D works.
- Chapter 3: Your First Objects, covers the basics of 3D modeling for Element.
- Chapter 4: Painting Your Geometry (Textures), teaches you how to export your objects from the 3D modeling software, prepare textures, and apply surfaces to your objects.
- Chapter 5: Preparing Your Scene, uses Element 3D to set up complex 3D scenes for animation in After Effects.
- Chapter 6: Animating Your Geometry, covers animating Element 3D objects using the After Effects interface with null objects and keyframes.
- Chapter 7: Particle Replicator, teaches you how to use Element 3D to create arrays of objects that might animate together, or in sequences.
- Chapter 8: Optimizing Performance, tells you what affects performance and render times, and also covers techniques to efficiently squeeze out the best quality.
- Chapter 9: Some Other Techniques, covers advanced techniques with Element 3D, such as integration with the live footage, 3D-aware masks, and using external animations (object sequences).
Who this book is for
Anyone with any skill level will find this book useful. However, it is assumed that you have a working knowledge of Adobe After Effects at the least. Additionally, a working knowledge of your 3D modeling software’s interface will be helpful.